When it’s busy, everyone thinks it’s going to always be busy, and they get so busy, they’re too busy to build a long-term business plan.
This article will help you break through a sales slump. A sales slump is when you just can’t find your selling rhythm.
- When you can’t seem to close the sale despite your best effort.
- When each sale that you do get seems much harder than it ever was before.
- When you are working harder than ever but your volume is down and the pressure is on.
One way to never get out of the slump is to give up. In other words, if you just stop and wait for the slump to pass, it will never pass!
- Don’t Stop and Don’t Quit!
- Keep talking to people… It’s Math not Magic!
- Keep presenting full tilt, with everything you got
- above all keep doing all the activities you are aware of that lead to getting sales across the line
Tip: If you stop doing the activities that lead to sales, you’ll only extend the slump. You just need to keep going, and the slump will pass.
- Get Your Head in the Game!
A slump can easily get you down and cause you to lose motivation, but success is all about mindset. If your mind isn’t in the right place, you won’t be able to pull yourself out of the slump.
- Sales Strategist Jill Konrath, the author of multiple books, said: “My best investment in becoming a better salesperson — the best investment I ever made, was changing my mindset.”
- Find Inspiration
This is a great way to fix your mindset. Inspiration and Motivation!
- Sales Training
- Spiritual Impartations
- Get Back To The Basics
- Take a look at what you’ve done when you were successful and closing deals.
- What are you doing now?
- Problems aren’t usually caused by something complicated. They’re usually the result of doing the simplest thing just slightly wrong. And more often than not, we know exactly what the problem is.
Start at the beginning and look at each step of your process. Analyze what you’re doing, look for problems that are occurring and figure out solutions to do things better.
- Get Help
Chances are, someone has gone through a slump like you before and can provide wisdom. Referee’s and sideline ref’s help you see what you missed and failed to see while you’re doing your part in the game.
- Another person’s perspective is excellent at highlighting problems. They may simply listen, provide suggestions or just give you a boost in confidence, but the end result is that you feel better about yourself.
Sales is also a team effort. If one person is struggling, it affects the whole team. The best way to get out of a slump is to find a solution together.
- Your body becomes accustomed to the pain and when you put it back to the way it was created to be…it sometimes hurts worse for a moment but you have to go through the pain to get back to how you should be.
When you are adjusting, chances are that it will be more painful before you become pain free!
Auto Dealer University provides you with all the resources necessary to train, drill, rehearse and excel in your sales career. Test drive ADU today!